Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Whispers Of A New Dawn by Murray Pura

Becky Whetstone is the perfect offspring. She loves to fly - just like her parents. But would she give it all up to become the Amish wife of a good man? Well, both of her parents were raised Amish so the culture is nothing new to Becky. In fact, she embraces it. But when a series of events cause her to rethink her life, will she be forced to do something she doesn't want to do or will she take on the new challenge and see where it leads?

When I first started this book and I guess up until halfway through it, I was thinking the author really did not want to deal with relationships in this book. Instead he wanted to lean more toward the historical content. Becky seemed to fall for 2 very different men very quickly. I found myself going "wow, that was quick" on both occasions. But as you continue to read you understand that the relationships are as pivotal to the story line as the historical content of Pearl Harbor.

I enjoy all of Mr. Pura's books and this one was no exception, I loved revisiting Jude and Lyyndaya and seeing how they have grown along with their family. This book tells the story of how friends, families, co workers and just civilians in general dealt with the bombing of Pearl Harbor from a fictional standpoint. It, like all of Mr. Pura's books is well researched and well written. I cannot wait to read the next book and highly recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment