Wednesday, March 20, 2013

One Step Too Far by Tina Seskis

There is a rare occasion when a book just does not grab me and this was one of those books. I requested a review copy from NetGalley because the write up on the book said it was one of the best books of the year. To me it was not. In fact, I could only get through 6 chapters before I finally had to call it quits.

The book is an English based book, meaning it takes place in England and has all the wording and places you would associate with something coming from England. Not that that is a bad thing, it isn't, but this book to me was all over the map. In one chapter I was reading about the main character, who had changed her name making it more confusing and in the next chapter I was reading about someone else that may or may not have been connected. To me it was never clearly defined. Therefore I lost track of the main story line and was too confused to enjoy the book.

I know there are many who enjoyed this book but for me, unfortunately, it did not make the mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment