Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Love Still Stands by Kelly Irvin

What a great book! I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster throughout this book and seesawing between understanding Bethel's points and needs and Elijah's.

Bethel thinks she is unworthy of being loved because of her handicap and finds understanding in her support group which Elijah doesn't understand. To him it is black and white - I love her, does she love me. But in Bethel's mind she will never be a whole woman again and finds there are people in her support group, one in particular, who understand her fears and weaknesses. Will Elijah eventually understand? Can they build a life together? Does she even want to or would she rather pursue a relationship with an Englisher who understands her?

The author does a very good job of letting the reader see the and feel the emotions from Bethel, Elijah, and others in the book. There are a few twists and turns I wasn't expecting that made me keep turning pages long into the night. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment