Saturday, July 30, 2011

Heat etc.

Wow. I can't remember it ever being this consistently hot for this long - and I grew up in Florida! This heat is really taking it's toll on my electric bill not to mention my poor husband who has to work out in it.

So what is my solution for staying cool? Facebook, reading, cleaning. I have been reading a lot more lately. Just finished the Hannah's Heart series by Jerry Eicher. Really good series and gives you a lot of insight into the lives of the Amish and the struggles they deal with. Another series, well I guess it's not really a series but books with the same main character is the "silence" books by Linda Castillo. Police chief Kate Burkholder draws me in from page one in every book and it's riveting right up till the end.

I am a big admirer of Sherry Gore. Sherry is the author of A Taste Of Pinecraft Cookbook and more. Sherry has had the most amazing blessings come her way. If you get a chance go over to sherrygorebooks.com and read her blog. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment