Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Birthdays, some good some bad, some you just don't want to deal with anymore. I guess I'm at that age where they just don't mean as much as they used to - but don't you dare forget my birthday! I know, that sounds like an oxymoron but it's true for me. I don't care if we celebrate but I'll be hurt if you don't make some kind of an effort.

So for effort my daughter gets an A+++. She lives in Abingdon, VA and we are in North Nashville, TN which is about a 5 hour drive. She decided to come home this weekend just to celebrate my birthday, which isn't until tomorrow but she can't be here then. We had a lovely day yesterday. We did some things she had to do and then we went to the mall and window shopped. She then took me, and her father, out to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse, which is my favorite restaurant for low cost good food. However, this wasn't one of those positive dining experiences. The waitress was not at all attentive, nice but not attentive and my husband got sick soon after we came home. But the fact that my daughter (Sarah) was home made it all the more special. My son, on the other hand, will not remember his mother's birthday. He never does, nor does he care. My husband got me a birthday cake and we all enjoyed that. In continuation of the celebration my daughter made a "from scratch" crumb coffee cake which we had this morning. All in all it was a wonderful weekend.

Sarah has left to go home and the house is quiet again. Hubby is asleep in his chair, the cats and the dog are all asleep in various places and I'm where I enjoy being, on the computer. As for my birthday tomorrow, thanks for all the well wishes but it's just another day.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of another birthday and a family to celebrate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment