Saturday, July 9, 2011

Busy Day

The Saturday after payday is always busy in my house. Bills to pay and, if there is money left, groceries to buy. Isn't it funny how groceries, food that sustains us, are the last thing on the list? Well, I was able to get a few things to keep us going till the next pay and hopefully there will be some money left then too.

Sarah, recently college graduated daughter, is coming home on the 15th to spend the weekend with her mom because Monday the 18th is my birthday. Hubby made a big deal out of wanting to go to Publix today to order me a cake. In the 22 years we have been married he has never wanted to order me a cake. Not that I'm ungrateful, I just thought it was strange. He asked me what I wanted and that's what I said BUT he never asked me what KIND of cake I wanted! Be interesting to see what I get!

I did get spoiled today though. Went to Logan's Roadhouse for lunch. I know what you're thinking, if she can't get food WHY is she eating out? We go for the house salad which is $3.99, the sweet tea which is $2.65 and the rolls which are free, oh, and the peanuts for hubby which are also free. Cheap meal that fills me up until dinner and it's semi good for me too, or at least that's what I tell myself.

Time to get off here and go finish a book. I hate reading two books at the same time. Few more pages left in "Pray For Silence" By Linda Castillo and then I can devote my time completely to "Treasuring Emma" By Kathleen Fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment