Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Quaker and The Rebel by Mary Ellis

I enjoyed this book although at times I felt like I was getting bogged down in history. But the history only led to the richness of the story. I also learned a few things along the way!

Emily and Alexander come from 2 different worlds and both have secrets. Big ones that could threaten all they hold dear. But through it all their unexpected love continues to grow. Although Emily does her best to fight it, for Alexander it is love at first sight. Even when both feel betrayed by the other they cannot deny what is happening between their hearts.

The author does a wonderful job of weaving historical content with a love story. You actually feel like you are right there with them through all the fears and tears. The supporting characters in the book are as developed as the main characters and add fullness to the story.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment