Thursday, August 4, 2011

Treasuring Emma - Part 2

I knew it would all come together in the end and wind up being a great book! As I said in the previous post, I wasn't liking all the secrecy, manipulation and negativity in the first half of the book but as is true with most good books, it all worked out in the end and left me wanting more. I truly hope there will be more books in this series!

Emma had the weight of the world on her shoulders in the beginning of the book, having just lost her mother and now caring for a farm and her aged grandmother. By the end of the book she is not so heavily burdened and is looking at things with a new perspective. Even her sister, who had pulled away from her husband, found her way back to happiness. The brother in law, well that's still up in the air, but it did bring in a new person in the form of his former love, or should I say victim. It will be interesting to see where the author takes that character. As for Emma's love life, it's looking up. Adam, the former love who decided to go English 2 years before, has been doing some thinking. Might there be a future for them yet? I think so. Let's see what the author thinks!

Kathleen Fuller has written another page turner. I found myself finished with the book before I wanted to be, and that's a good thing! Eagerly waiting for the next chapter in the lives of these Middlefield families to unfold. I highly recommend this book! You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment