Sunday, January 11, 2015

Steadfast Heart by Tracie Peterson

When I first started this book I got bogged down by all the characters in the book and was not sure until much later in the book whose story was supposed to be the focal point. The first thing that got me was the unusual names of some of the characters - Kolbein, Abrianna, Priam, etc. Not names you would normally see in a book so that was an interesting change.

As for the plot itself I really had a hard time finding out which characters were the main ones. I almost stopped reading about halfway through the book because I was so confused and the book was just not grabbing me. By the time I realized who the story was supposed to be about the book ended - rather abruptly. There are a lot of unanswered questions that I hope will be answered in the next book. There are a lot of story lines in this book so if you don't like a lot of characters and multiple story lines in a book you may find this book a little hard to get through.

I have read many of this authors books and I have to say this one was not one of my favorites. I hope the next book in the series weeds out some of the unnecessary characters and focuses on the main ones for that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment