Friday, January 17, 2014

Prairie Song by Mona Hodgson

I really enjoyed this book. After having read The Quilted Heart Omnibus I couldn't wait to see what happened next as the characters I had grown to love set out on their adventure in a new land. Expecting to find hardship on their 5 month trek across the country they tried to be prepared for anything, but some things you can never be prepared for.

This book was a light read which was refreshing. Not a lot of suspense, although the suspense there was fit into the story line beautifully. It was interesting to see God work in and through the wagon train as it's different personalities tried to mesh together. Did they all get along? Absolutely not! There were some surprises in this book too and the ending left me wanting to pick up the next book in the series to see what happens next!

I am really enjoying this series. The characters are real and touch your heart. I know you are going to love them too and you, like I, will have your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment