Monday, January 30, 2012

Song Of My Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer

I love Kim Vogel Sawyer's books and I know when there is a new one I won't be disappointed! "Song Of My Heart" does not disappoint! It is a wonderful story full of deceit, dreams, heartache and love.

Sadie Wagner wants to help her family. Ever since her step-father was injured and couldn't work she has wanted to help but in her small town there are no opportunities. When her cousin Sid writes and tells her there is a job for her at the local mercantile and also a singing job in the new opera house Sadie begs her parents who reluctantly let her go. Thinking this is a gift from God, being able to make money AND sing, Sadie eagerly sets out on her new adventure.

Upon arriving in Goldtree, Kansas Sadie is met by more than she bargained for, not the least of which is her cousin Sid, twin maiden ladies who run the mercantile, their brother who owns the opera house and is harboring a secret, and the good looking new sheriff. Oh my, she wonders, what have I gotten myself into? How Sadie deals with each of these people while trying to hold on to her faith makes this a delightful book. I finished this book in two nights and I highly recommend it! I can't wait for the next offering from Kim Vogel Sawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment