Thursday, January 19, 2012

Missing Your Smile by Jerry S. Eicher

Another good book from Jerry Eicher! When I first started this book I knew it was going to be a different read than anything I have read before. This story is told from 3 different points of view. Susan Hostetler is Amish, but after catching her Amish boyfriend kissing another girl she leaves her home and moves to the English world of Asbury Park, New Jersey where she starts work in a bakery and is befriended by the owner. In her attempts to "become English" she gets her GED and a drivers license with the help of the bakery owners son, but is she really happy? Thomas, the boy she left behind, is wondering if she will come back and forgive him for his one mistake. Her parents are trying to get on with their lives while missing Susan terribly and wondering about the real reason she left in such a hurry.

One day a young, unwed, pregnant, woman comes into the bakery and forms an instant attachment to Susan. What transpires is a friendship and a very unusual request. Will Susan be able to grant this young woman's request? Will Susan decide to go home, and if she does, will she stay? Well, I guess you will have to read the book to find out! As for me, this Book 1 of the Fields Of Home series kept my interest and was a very well told story. I can't wait for Book 2! I want to see what happens next! I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment