Monday, October 13, 2014

When Mercy Rains by Kim Vogel Sawyer

Wow! Now I know I say that about all of Kim's books but this one was a definite wow! This is book 1 of The Zimmerman Restoration trilogy and I cannot wait for book 2.

When I opened this book I thought to myself, oh no, each chapter is from a different character perspective and will be very disjointed. Boy was I wrong! Yes, each chapter has the name of the character who is speaking but the story flows right along. There is no choppiness at all. I love that! It makes the book so easy to read and boy did I read! This is one of those books that gets you deeply involved with the characters and by the time the book ends you feel like they are members of your own family. The story is so intricately woven through a maze of emotions, secrets and misconceptions, understanding and love that it makes the book hard to put down.

Did I have a favorite character? No, surprisingly. I loved them all. I could identify with all of them at certain points and when the story took a turn I was not expecting I said to myself - I didn't see that coming but it makes sense - and it only enriched the story.

I cannot wait to see what happens in the lives of some or all of these characters in the next book! Ms. Sawyer has done an outstanding job with these characters and I cannot wait to see where she will take them next. I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment