Saturday, July 20, 2013

Adoring Addie by Leslie Gould

I really didn't think I was going to be able to get into this book because there are so many characters in the beginning. Then as I kept reading they started to sort themselves out and the book really got interesting. In fact I couldn't put the book down until I finished it - in one sitting! It was that captivating. I just had to find out how it all worked out.

My favorite character was Addie. Once she decided she knew what she wanted she wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Nineteen years old and completely used by her parents. As the only daughter it was her job to take care of her mother and do everything her father told her to do. That was until they planned the rest of her life and would not listen to her about what she wanted. Did she know what she wanted? Yes she did but the family was determined she was going to have what they wanted. At what cost?

The story line had a Romeo & Juliet, Hatfield's & McCoy's feel to it but was very well done by the author. I was engaged the whole time and the characters were well rounded and explained. I really enjoy books that complete the story and this one did that. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment